Columbia University’s School of Professional Studies (SPS) and the Royal Institution of Chartered of Surveyors (RICS) will host a series of strategic conversations on the transformative role of technology in project design, delivery and operations – with an emphasis on project efficiencies, cost controls and enhanced customer and user experience (UX).
This symposium brings together a diverse set of stakeholders – major owners, large contractors, visionary designers and leadings technologists – to share and discuss what is happening at the vanguard of technology and construction in one of the largest and most sophisticated markets in the world.
What You Will Learn?
- New York metro’s current program, project, and construction technology landscape
- How to think about technology strategy and implementation across the enterprise and project levels
- Challenges and opportunities in adopting emerging technologies on large and small projects
- What are, and might become, the fundamental technologies and platforms to maintain and advance a competitive position in bidding, procurement, and delivery
- What types of talent, culture, and technical expertise will need to be nurtured to grow your capabilities, mitigate risks, and increase your profits
The New York construction market is one of the largest and most active in the nation, and in the world. Two leading institutions of global reach and local prominence have come together to launch an annual symposium to explore and discuss the impact and integration of new and emerging technologies in the construction process.
With a record high of over $1 billion in VC funding in the first half of the 2018 directed towards Construction Tech space, this topic has garnered much attention in the media, in project strategy and field operations. The application of technology and talent is as important to owners and sponsors of large real estate and infrastructure projects as any other critical aspect of planning, production and project delivery is.
Hosted by Columbia University and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, this symposium will feature leading owners, builders, scholars and practitioners currently field-testing and developing some of the industry’s leading technology solutions.